School and Curriculum
GPS - International , a division of Global Education trust offers students from grade 9-12 a chance to study an international curriculum through its tie up with Cambridge International Examinations,UK.
The students study varied subjects as per their choice, leading towards the prestigious
-International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) from the University of Cambridge, UK.
-Equivalent to grade 9 and 10 -Cambridge AS (Advanced Subsidiary)-Equivalent to grade 11
-Cambridge A (Advanced) levels –Equivalent to grade 12
IGCSE , AS and A levels are also recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as being Cambridge IGCSE is a two year course starting in grade 9 and culminating in grade 10 with the IGCSE Board examination
Cambridge International A-Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. Some subjects can be started as a Cambridge International AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level. The internal assessments (with weightage) at GPS-International include:-
• Cycle Test – 20%
• Unit Test – 20%
• Lab/Research/Project/Team Presentation/Essays – 10%
• Term Review – 50%
The subjects offered are
Grade 9 AND 10 – Subject Options
2. Maths (Compulsory)
4. Information & Communication Technology /Food studies/Combined Science
5. Physics/Economics/ Travel & Tourism
7. Biology/Art & design/Business studies
8. Environmental Management
Grade 11 AND 12 – Subject Options
1. English (Compulsory)
2. Maths / Psychology/Food Studies
3. Physics/Economics/ Travel & Tourism
4. Chemistry / Accounting / Global Perspectives/ Sociology
5. Biology/ /Art & Design/ Business studies/Information Technology
• Subject option will be provided if and only if at least 5 are there to take the option. We hold Cambridge International AS and A Level examination series thrice a year, in March, June and November. Results are issued in May, August and January.
Results achieved by students in the past 5 years include
- World topper in Business Studies.
- India toppers in Business Studies, Accounting, Food and Nutrition, Travel and Tourism, Environmental management and Biology.